Courtesy of JPFO . com
Archive for the gun rights Category
Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney sat down with the Daily Caller‘s Chris W. Cox in a one-on-one interview. Governor Romney stated that he agrees with the Supreme Court that the Second Amendment guarantees citizens’ individual rights to own and use firearms for all lawful purposes, including self-defense.
“Cox: Would you support legislation to provide national reciprocity for Right-to-Carry permit holders so that they can protect themselves when they’re traveling outside their home states?
Gov. Romney: Absolutely. Fundamental rights don’t disappear when we cross state borders, and self-defense is a fundamental right.
Cox: Would you support the reimposition of a federal ban on semi-automatic firearms incorrectly called “assault weapons?”
Gov. Romney: No. I do not support any additional laws to restrict the right to keep and bear arms.”
I know Mitt has a reputation for being a flip-flopper on many issues, and some are worried that he’s only saying this kind of thing to get himself elected. But the alternative is to re-elect a Marxist. And remember, Bill Clinton won the Presidency in ’92 with 43% of the vote because people like me voted our conscience and pulled the lever for a third party candidate (Ross Perot). That was a mistake, and I’ll never do it again.
If you’re interested in reading the whole interview, click here.
Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association, spoke recently at CPAC, and warned that a second term for Barack Obama could have disastrous effects for the Second Amendment and gun owners in America. His low-key approach in the first term, in which he gave lip service to gun owners and gun rights, was just a subtle tactic to lull voters to sleep on the issue. Once he is safely ensconced in the White House and doesn’t need to worry about reelection, he can push his “transformative” agenda as hard a he sees fit. Also, he may have the opportunity to appoint two or three more liberal justices to the Supreme Court, and it’s only a matter of time before the Second Amendment is reinterpreted to mean anything but the people’s right to own firearms and keep them in their own homes.
Follow the link below to read the report in The Washington Times:
1. Guns have only 2 enemies: rust and politicians.
2. It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
3. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
4. Never let someone or something that is a threat within arm’s length.
5. Never say “I’ve got a gun!” If deadly force is necessary, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off. Assuming, of course, that your gun has a safety (many don’t) and that you carry with the safety engaged (many don’t).
6. The average response time to a 911 call is 23 minutes; the average response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
7. The most important rule in a gunfight is “Always win. Cheat if necessary.”
8. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, because it’ll be empty.
9. If you’re in a gunfight:
– If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
– If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
– If you’re not moving, you’re dead.
10. In a life or death situation, do something. It may be wrong, but do something.
11. Some people say if you carry a gun you must be paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, you have nothing to be paranoid about.
12. You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language.
13. You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
I don’t know the author, but here’s the source:
Townhall Magazine reporter Katie Pavlich writes skeptically of the motives behind the recent ATF cockup known as “Operation Fast and Furious.”
“Operation Fast and Furious is looking more and more like a set up from the beginning to push Obama and Holder’s radical anti-Second Amendment agenda as they used law abiding gun shop owners to enable government officals to break the law, then turned around and blamed the very same gun shops for illegal gun trafficking, despite those shops being forced by ATF to help ATF agents carry out Operation Fast and Furious, and now, those shops are being punished through new Justice Department gun control measures. Obama and Holder both have long records of being outspoken opponents of gunrights and both support the reinstatement of the “assault” rifle ban, better described as a ban on semi-automatic rifles.”
“…Rep. Darrell Issa and Senator Charles Grassley continue their investigation of Operation Fast and Furious and have requested detailed communications records, including emails, memos, briefing papers and handwritten notes from and between senior DOJ officials in two letters sent to Attorney General Eric Holder yesterday. Records referring to large firearms trafficking within the Phoenix ATF office have also been requested.”
Issa and Grassley have turned the lights on and the cockroaches are scrambling for cover.
Update: Now evidence is surfacing that the Department of Justice may have been tampering with witnesses.
“[T]he DOJ was either trying to make sure witness stories are consistent with DOJ talking points, or they were going through the back door to make sure everyone who was testifying was on the same page. Either would likely get the average citizen slapped with an obstruction or witness tampering charge in a state or federal court.”
Apparently the people at the DOJ consider themselves above the law.
My favorite political cartoonist, Chris Muir, has another scathing strip that excoriates the Obama administration’s handling of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms’ felonious stupidity that resulted directly in the violent deaths of 150 Mexican drug and law enforcement officers/agents.